red moon shadows

red moon shadows

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sitting in my room

I spend a lot of time sitting in my bed.  It is less than a year ago, but still I'm in it a lot.  It gives me time to reflect.  They say introspective is good. Not sure I agree with that.  It tends to get me in trouble.  The more I think the further I slip into self pity.  I've never been a big fan of pity.  I don't feel sorry for myself, most of the time.  I suppose I could.  I don't know many 37 year olds that have a below the knee amputation, brain tumor, bone problems, fibromyalgia, and PTSD.  I'm sure there are people who are worse of than me, but last I checked it isn't a competition.
This is one of those nights that I wonder why me?  I wonder whose idea it was to make this part of my path. I just hate that I have to put my leg on to walk.  I want to just get out of bed and go to the bathroom.  Not possible.  I have to either hop into my wheelchair or take the time to put my leg on.  It does suck.  I wish I had someone to talk to that understood.  UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment